For security reasons, Cigna.com no longer supports your browser version. Please update your browser, or use an alternative browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox for the best Cigna.com experience.
Case Management Team
Cigna case managers are health care specialists with the skills, experience, and compassion to help you access resources and support for Mental Health and/or Substance Use Disorders.
Help in an Emergency or Crisis
Case managers are trained to help you meet emergency and crisis situations related to Mental Health and/or Substance Use Disorders. Useful resources include:
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255.
- The Washington Recovery Help Line available 24/7 for Substance Use Disorders at 1 (866) 789-1511.
- The number on your ID card, or contact your Employee Assistance Program.
- Calling 911 for immediate help in a life threatening emergency.
In-Network Treatment and Services
To find an in-network Mental Health or substance use provider:
- Cigna customers should log in to myCigna.com.
- Visit the Cigna.com directory.
- Call customer service at the toll-free number on your Cigna ID card. Check your plan documents for more information.
- Get help from a clinical representative. Customer service representatives will search for providers to help assess needs and evaluate clinical risk factors.
- See Cigna.com for additional resources or log in to the myCigna® website or the myCigna® app.
In-network Mental Health and/or Substance Use Disorder services should be available in your service area. Expect an appointment:
- Within 10 business days for in-network Mental Health and/or Substance Use Disorder services covered as primary care.
- Within 15 business days for Mental Health and/or Substance Use Disorder services covered as specialty care.
If you are unable to find services in your service area or within these timeframes, contact customer service.
How to File a Complaint with the Office of the Insurance Commissioner
To file a complaint with the Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC), use the complaint form or call the OIC’s toll-free insurance consumer hotline at 1 (800) 562-6900.
Office of the Insurance Commissioner’s Report on Consumer Complaints
For more information, visit the website of the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner.
Covered Primary or Specialty Care Services
You should be able to get an appointment within 10 business days for primary care, and within 15 business days for specialty care.
|Available Services||Provider Classification|
|Inpatient: Acute inpatient and residential treatment||Specialty care providers|
|Outpatient at health care provider office: Individual, family and group therapy, psychotherapy, and medication management||Primary Care Providers (PCP) and specialty care providers|
|Outpatient for all other services: Partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient services, applied behavior analysis (ABA therapy), and behavioral||Specialty care providers|
|Virtual care services||Primary Care Providers (PCP) and specialty care providers|
Offered by: Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company or their affiliates.
All Cigna products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Behavioral Health, Inc., and HMO or service company subsidiaries of Cigna Health Corporation. The Cigna name, logo, and other Cigna marks are owned by Cigna Intellectual Property, Inc.